Sunday, June 3, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood, take two

I rode in the Little Red Riding Hood bike ride again this year on Saturday.  It's a beautiful women's only ride in northern Utah, with the proceeds supporting women's specific cancer research.  Last year I did 36 miles and wished I'd done more, so this year my goal was 50 miles.  I did it!  Slow and steady, but I did it in 3:57.  It is such an amazing day and so cool to be surrounded by thousands of women all working toward their own individual goals, not just in the ride, but in their everyday lives.  Many have cancer or have survived cancer or have lost loved ones to it, so it's pretty emotional.  It's also very motivating, and a reminder to be thankful I am alive and well and strong and my life is so full of goodness.  I'm thinking 80 miles next year!


1 comment: