Friday, June 8, 2012

It's a tough job...

My job requires a fair amount of travel, especially during the summer field season.  I had to go south to Escalante for 3 days this week for meetings and a tour of some of the projects that have been completed in the hopes of improving the water quality.  I feel bad leaving the kids and having Jeff roll solo with them, but he can rock it and I had a great week.  It stays so light here in the summer so I had the opportunity to get out and hike at the end of each day...all by myself...a distance greater than 1 mile...no child on my back...no frequent stops to give kids snacks.  I can not tell a lie.  It was a nice change.  I definitely missed my little posse, but we can all head back there together some time. 
This is Escalante Natural Bridge.  It's 133 feet high and spans over 100 feet.  I am so thankful that my job takes me to such beautiful places. 
There are many Native American ruins in that area.  They are always fascinating to me.  I like to sit near them and spend some time thinking about the people who lived there so long ago (the Anasazi, over 1,000 years ago, give or take a few).  It's crazy to imagine what that life would have been like.

I got home last night to poor Iris vomiting all over the kitchen.  She has been off and on all week and woke in a bad way today, so this morning we are headed to the doctor just to make sure all is OK.  Miles is also tagging along for his kindergarten shots.  I did a little prep talk hoping it would help.  It didn't.  He freaked.  So I left it that the doctor would tell him what needs to be done so he can stay healthy.  This morning is my payback for the relaxing week :)

1 comment:

  1. Why does it seem there always has to be a payback?? Where is the justice?? Sigh...I hope Iris feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete