Monday, June 18, 2012

Double Trouble

We went to the Farmer's Market Saturday for some produce and came home with two cats!  I knew we were in trouble when I saw Jeff headed for the Humane Society booth.  It is so hard to see animals like that, probably wondering what they did to deserve being stuck in a cage.  They had two little sister kittens about three months old and so cute.  Miles was playing with them and they were energetic and so into it.  Jeff and I went back and forth discussing the pros and cons, wondering if the time was right or not.  We were sad at the thought of them being split up so then we discussed taking both.  We did it.  We brought them both home.  They spent some time hiding under the couch.  I'm sure the house was overwhelming, but they got curious and started to explore.  By that night they were chasing mice on strings and running after the jingle balls we bought for the kids to play with.  Miles and Iris are really excited about them.  They want to stay up late playing and it was hard to get them out the door this morning because they were having a cat party.  We are still deciding on names.  I asked Miles for suggestions and he came up with Arson and Rose Garden.  I'm not sure it's wise to ask a 5 year old for help with pet naming!
Aren't they cute?  They look so sweet and innocent.  However, the brown one isn't.  She pooped and peed on our bed within the first day of being here.  I was having serious buyers remorse, wondering if she hates me already or if she was trying to let me know who the alpha female of the house is.  Fortunately, she seems to have gotten over her need to destroy our bed and is using the litter box!
This one has already decided she likes to ride on Jeff's shoulder! 


No comments:

Post a Comment