Monday, May 23, 2011

Red Rock Relay

I decided in January that I was going to be part of a team for the Red Rock Relay.  It's a 70 mile race down in Moab that goes from sunrise to sunset.  You enter as a team of 6 and each runner has to complete two legs.  I was super nervous about it.  Running has never been my thing, but I figured this would force me to lace up my gym shoes at least a few times a week.  We rented a mini van and headed south on Friday.  I barely slept that night because I was anxious and full of adrenaline.  It was an intense day.  I had some high highs and low lows (sick joke of a climb up into the LaSal Mountains).  I challenged myself in a huge way and I am so proud of what we accomplished.  Will I do it again next year??  Ask me in January!
Waiting to start.  If only I could bottle the energy I was feeling at that moment!
Rounding the bend during my first leg.  6.5 miles out of Moab and up the Colorado River.  The scenery was great!
The last few steps of leg one and I was very ready to slap the bracelet on someone else.
The team! Seventy miles in 12 hours and still smiling at the finish.  Maybe I will do it again next year :)


No comments:

Post a Comment