Sunday, September 16, 2012

To keep or not to keep

I feel like a really terrible Mom when I move the kids art straight from their backpacks to the recycle bin.  I wonder if I am the only Mom out there who doesn't keep it all and organize it so that some day the kids will look at it and be so happy to see their handywork from so many years ago.  Sure...I put a few odd pieces on the fridge and they look cute, but the majority are long gone.  It's just that art at this point tends to look like this fantastic piece, which I pulled from Iris' backpack last week!
Yep, that would be a big yarn tangle glued to paper :)

To alleviate some of the guilt I will start posting some of the work on here.  Then they will still be able to see it someday (if I ever get around to printing this into a book), but I won't have cats choking on yarn!

1 comment:

  1. We put the "best" or most unique or favorite art pieces on a big cabinet for display. I love seeing all the colors and it keeps Pearl from crying that I just throw the majority of scibbles and cut papers away. Then when we need to make more room on our art wall, I save a couple of my favorite pieces and put them in a big shoe box. My grandma did that with the art we made her that was her favorite and I still love going through her box.

    But I do throw away 98% of everything they bring home :)

    ReplyDelete